Welcome to this episode of the Why We Travel Podcast. In this episode, we talk with Sophie Ibbotson, Uzbekistan’s Tourism Ambassador to the UK, about that mysterious country of Central Asia.
Sophie Ibbotson is Uzbekistan’s Tourism Ambassador to the UK. She is the author of the best selling guidebook to Uzbekistan, published by Bradt Travel Guides, and is currently writing the first guidebook to Karakalpakstan, which will be published by Bradt in June 2023. Sophie is also the Chairman of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs and the Director of the Silk Road Literary Festival.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- What is Uzbekistan like?
- How does it feel to be in Uzbekistan
- What should be on your to-do list while being in Uzbekistan
- What kind of travelers would you find in Uzbekistan?
- How much budget do you need for a 10-day trip to Uzbekistan?
- What languages are spoken in Uzbekistan
- Do you need a visa for Uzbekistan if you have a European passport?
Links & Resources
Get notifications when new episodes are released.
Sponsor this episode
We offer a range of sponsorship options for the show. To find out how you can reach your target audience through the “Why We Travel” Podcast click here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
- Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on Apple Podcast!
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @whywetravelpodcast and let me know what you like about it.
- If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.