In this episode, we talk with Dale Majors, an adventurer and entrepreneur, about travelling on bike with kids.
I’m a family man and an adventurer and love the creative process of creating something new. My personal hobbies and highlights include:
1. A collector, whether micro machines, baseball cards or coins, I always loved collecting as a kid.
2. Cycling has always been a passion, whether it’s BMX or bike touring, I love being on wheels. As a kid this also manifested in a 5 year rollerblading hobbie that included building a halfpipe in my backyard.
3. Bike Touring, I’ve toured over 9,000 miles, 3,000 of which have been with my family. (Canada to Mexico, Amsterdam to Lisbon, Nantes France to Stuttgart Germany with Family.)
4. Competitive Table Tennis. I grew up playing Table Tennis and competing in tournaments with my brothers. Good for Utah, bad on the national level.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- Thoughts before starting your tour on a bicycle.
- How is it possible to go on 2-3 months tours and vacations
- The process of all the preparations for a bike tour with kids
- Should you rent out/buy bikes from the place you are visiting or take them along from home?
- How to manage children’s schooling with this lifestyle?
Links & Resources
Get notifications when new episodes are released.
Sponsor this episode
We offer a range of sponsorship options for the show. To find out how you can reach your target audience through the “Why We Travel” Podcast click here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
- Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on Apple Podcast!
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @whywetravelpodcast and let me know what you like about it.
- If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.