Welcome to this episode of the Why We Travel Podcast. In this episode, we talk with Ed Gillis about the extraordinary adventure of visiting 20 European countries in six months on bicycles.
Ed is the husband and dad of a bike-happy family of four from the Yukon in northern Canada. With his wife Jocelyn, he honeymooned cycling from Vancouver to Tijuana along the western US coast. When sons Heron and Sitka came along, they continued bike touring every year – with Chariots and WeeHoos throughout the Pacific Northwest; on tandems across Cuba, New Zealand, Australia and French Polynesia; and most recently on four separate bikes to 20 countries over six months and 10,000km across Europe.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- How is it possible to visit 20 European countries in six months on bicycles?
- What sorts of preparations do you need to travel on bicycles?
- How to manage luggage weight on bikes for such a long journey?
- The challenges faced as a family in these 6 months of cycling across Europe
- And more
Links & Resources
Book ” Bike Touring With Kids: the Oceania Odyssey”: https://www.amazon.ca/Bike-Touring-Kids-six-month-adventure/dp/B09TMTGPX4
Get notifications when new episodes are released.
Sponsor this episode
We offer a range of sponsorship options for the show. To find out how you can reach your target audience through the “Why We Travel” Podcast click here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
- Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on Apple Podcast!
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @whywetravelpodcast and let me know what you like about it.
- If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.