Welcome to this episode of the Why We Travel Podcast. In this episode, we talk with Stephen Ladd, author of Three Years in a 12-Foot Boat, about the adventure and experience of travelling on a boat.
Stephen Ladd is an American city planner, voyager, and memoirist. He is the author of Three Years in a 12-Foot Boat, in which he rowed and sailed to South America and back in a tiny boat of his own design.
In 2009 he teamed up with now-wife Virginia to sail to Argentina and back, largely via eight major South American rivers, in a 21-footer, having a baby along the way. That book is entitled The Five-Year Voyage: Exploring Latin American Coasts and Rivers.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- Adventures and experience travelling on a boat
- How your lifestyle impacts your travel?
- How dangerous is it to travel to places where there are no other tourists or infrastructure?
- And more
Links & Resources
Get notifications when new episodes are released.
Sponsor this episode
We offer a range of sponsorship options for the show. To find out how you can reach your target audience through the “Why We Travel” Podcast click here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
- Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on Apple Podcast!
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @whywetravelpodcast and let me know what you like about it.
- If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.